This recipe came from one of my dear friends. It’s one of those great, filling salads that store well in the fridge for your busy work week, or is good enough to take to a family occasion. It can easily be adapted to your family’s likings and complements any summer time meal. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of rice of your choice (I like to use a 1/3 cup quinoa, 1/3 cup brown rice, 1/3 cup wild rice)
- 2 cans of mixed bean salad (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can of chick peas (drained and rinsed) (can also use black beans instead)
- 3 stocks of celery (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- Handful of fresh parsley (chopped)
- Juice of 3 Limes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dehydrated onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Cook one cup of the rice of your choice. Make sure not to over-cook as you want your rice firm in your salad. I cook the quinoa, wild rice and brown rice in one pot. Once cooked, remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
Add all dressing ingredients to a blender. Blend for about 30 seconds until creamy and well combined.
Add all ingredients to large bowl and toss with dressing. You may need to add more sea salt to taste.
Tips & Ideas:
This stores excellent in the fridge for up to a week. Great staple to make for the week.
It’s beautiful topped with fresh chopped tomatoes or avocados. Although I add to each serving bowl, as adding it into the salad wouldn’t make it last as long to store in the fridge.